Trader Terms and Conditions
Booking and Payment Terms
- 1(a) A booking is only confirmed once GBFF have accepted the application and payment has been made in full and/or a structured payment schedule has been agreed.
- 1(b) Submission of this application form is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- 1(c) Payment for the first event you have been accepted for will be immediatly after acceptance. Payments for the second and further events will be due 4 weeks before the event.
Once your application has been processed (and approved) a payment schedule will be setup.
In the event that full payment is not received prior to the due date GBFF reserve the right to:
- i) cancel the booking without further notice
- ii) re-sell the pitch without further notice.
- 1(d) In the event of booking is made less than 4 weeks prior to the event, payment in full must be made at the time of booking. No refunds will be possible on a late booking.
- 1(e) In the event of a cancellation less than 4 weeks prior to an event, GBFF will not refund any element of the pitch fee.
- 1(f) Exhibitors are responsible for submitting all requested documentation to GBFF within 7 days of the event. If documentation has not been received by GBFF within that timeframe, GBFF reserve the right to cancel the booking and no refund will be due.
- 2) Hot food traders are required to serve up to a maximum of 5 free steward meals per event, as part of their booking. Stewards will have vouchers to identify them at the point of order. Wherever possible stewards should be served without being made to wait in a long queue, so as to enable them to return quickly to work.
- 3(a) All indoor pitches include frontage only as per the agreed booking. Any additional space/equipment required must be specifically agreed by GBFF and paid for in advance. Trading is only permitted from behind the indoor pitch, not stood infront or to the side of the pitch. Electric is NOT included unless it has been booked and paid for in advance.
- 3(b) Outdoor pitches are space only and do not include any other furniture/gazebos, unless specifically agreed by GBFF and paid for in advance. Electric is NOT included unless it has been booked and paid for in advance. For all traders except producers there is a fee for parking a vehicle behind your stall, if this is not paid parking behind the stall is not permitted.
- 3(c) Exhibitors are responsible for providing all of their own equipment including, but not limited to, their own chiller cabinets, hobs, freezers, cleaning products, kitchenware and hand-washing facilities.
- 3(d) Exhibitors are not permitted to display signage or promotional materials and/or trade outside of their fixed pitch unless agreed by GBFF and paid for in advance.
- 3(e) The layout of the event is planned carefully in advance to try to satisfy the requirements of members of the public and Exhibitors alike. The layout CANNOT be altered on the day. Any specific requirements must be requested at the time of booking. Only those requirements made and agreed in advance by GBFF will be possible to be satisfied.
- 3(f) GBFF will try to ensure a variety of stalls, but cannot guarantee number of stalls per type or whether other stalls will be selling similar products as their secondary products. Priority may be given to local and award winning produce.
- 3(g) Exhibitors must sell only such products as are listed on their application form and accepted as being sold at the specified event. Sales of any other products, in particular, but not limited to, hot or cold drinks sales, sales of alcohol, will not be permitted. In the event that an Exhibitor attempts to sell anything not listed on their application form they will be asked to cease such sales. Any losses incurred as a result will be the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor. In the event of a refusal to do so, the Exhibitor will be asked to leave the event. In such circumstances, no refund will be given and any losses incurred by the Exhibitor as a result shall be the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor.
- 4(a) Electric pitches are available but must be booked and paid for in advance. GBFF cannot guarantee the availability of an electric pitch if not booked in advance.
- 4(b) Any Exhibitor pulling more power than the amount booked will be required to reduce their usage and/or charged for the additional power used. Failure to comply will result in immediate disconnection from the circuit and no refund will be given. Any losses incurred by the Exhibitor shall be the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor.
- 4(c) Electricity, if booked and paid for in advance, is available from 8:30am-6pm. No overnight power is available. All Exhibitors are responsible for ensuring that they have their own chilling facilities in place to ensure all produce is kept within the required legal temperature ranges, throughout the course of the event (including overnight).
- 4(d) All items of electrical equipment must be PAT tested and uniquely marked/identifiable with the dated test label clearly attached. Exhibitors will not be permitted to use any items not compliant with this and any such items will be disconnected from the circuit. Any losses incurred by the Exhibitor shall be the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor
- 4(e) 13 AMP or 32 AMP pitches are available, it is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to book the appropriate amount required for their pitch.
Own Use Generators / Gas cylinders
- 5a) Exhibitors trading outside of the Producer Marquees in their own gazebos may use their own diesel generators, with our prior agreement. All such exhibitors must comply with any additional health & safety/fire regulations and risk assessment processes in respect thereof and bring their own appropriate fire-fighting equipment, with in date testing certification clearly visible.
- 5b) Exhibitors using gas or other fuel must inform GBFF in advance of the event. All such exhibitors must comply with any additional health & safety/fire regulations and risk assessment processes in respect thereof and bring their own appropriate fire-fighting equipment. All gas cylinders must be caged.
- 5c) Petrol generators are not permitted at any GBFF events
Health and Safety & Food Hygiene Compliance
- 6(a) All Exhibitors are required to submit their Food Hygiene Rating and certification to GBFF as per clause 1(f).
- 6(b) The Environmental Health team will be provided with a list of producers attending each event and may contact Exhibitors directly and/or their local environmental health office for further details about Exhibitors and their compliance with Food Standards and Hygiene practises.
- 6(c) The local Environmental Health team may attend without prior notice. Spot checks will also be carried out by GBFF at every event. Written Food Safety Management Procedures are required by law and must be available for inspection by GBFF and licensing authority staff at all times.
- 6(d) Should an Exhibitor fail to comply with:
- i) Food Standards and Hygiene Practises to a level acceptable to any Environmental Health officer in attendance and/or to GBFF
- ii) Trading Standards and applicable Licensing Requirements
....and not rectify those failings to an acceptable standard, they may, at the discretion of GBFF, be asked to leave the Event. In such circumstances, no refund will be given and any losses incurred by the Exhibitor shall be the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor. Such Exhibitors may (at the sole discretion of GBFF) not be permitted to trade at future GBFF events and GBFF will not be responsible for any losses incurred as a result.
- 7(a) GBFF reserve the right to cancel the Event if extreme weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the organisers’ control persist, (including, but not limited to, acts of terrorism). Should any such circumstances arise, prior to or during an event,
- i) GBFF shall be under no obligation to provide a refund
- ii) GBFF will not be liable for any damages or losses incurred by an Exhibitors
- 8(a) Any Exhibitor failing to comply with any of the following terms, at the discretion of GBFF, may be asked to leave the event . In such circumstances, no refund will be given and any losses incurred by the Exhibitor shall be the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor and GBFF will not be responsible in respect thereof. Such Exhibitors may (at the sole discretion of GBFF) not be permitted to trade at future GBFF Events and GBFF will not be responsible for any losses incurred as a result:
- i) All Exhibitors must remain trading during the event open hours. The failure of an Exhibitor to trade at any time when the event is open will result in exclusion from future events.
- ii) There will be no movement of vehicles on site until the event is closed to the public and GBFF management staff have declared that vehicle movement can start.
- Exhibitors must keep their stall area (and the immediate area surrounding it) tidy and clear of all rubbish. Exhibitors must take their own rubbish home with them and/or deposit it in the on-site skip.
Any Exhibitors who fail to adhere to these arrangements and/or who leave their rubbish anywhere on site, other than as directed will be charged a £100 clean up fee.
- iii) No Exhibitor shall be allowed to call attention to goods or services, use any equipment or behave in any way so as to cause annoyance/risk of, and/ or actual damage/harm/ loss to GBFF/members of the public/other Exhibitors. Selling of goods by auction is prohibited. Any such inappropriate behaviour/selling practices will be brought to the Exhibitor’s attention by a senior member of the GBFF team and the Exhibitor will be asked to stop and/or modify their behaviour/selling practices to an acceptable standard.
- GBFF will not tolerate abusive, threatening or intimidating behaviour of their staff, public or other Exhibitors. Any Exhibitor behaving in a manner deemed by GBFF to be abusive, threatening or intimidating will be asked to leave.
- 8(b) It is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to safeguard and secure their own property. All items left overnight are done so at the Exhibitor’s own risk. GBFF do not accept any responsibility for theft, loss or damage, howsoever incurred.
- 8(c) Parking in the car park is at the owner’s risk.
- 8(d) Exhibitors are not permitted to spread hay on to the event site/area surrounding the event or anywhere within the estate grounds. GBFF incur a charge at each venue for removal of hay & repair to the grass. In the event that an Exhibitor spreads hay anywhere on the event site, GBFF will be entitled to charge the Exhibitor the removal/repair fee in respect thereof (minimum £100).
All traders of hot food, drinks and desserts will have a £40 skip fee included in their pitch fee. All rubbish must be put into the skip, not left at the pitch or by the side of the skip. As stated in rule 8a) a £100 clean up fee will be charged for non-compliance.