Many have tried… many have failed!
74.5 inches of sausage were eaten followed by a pint of cider in 6min 6sec by our record breaking champion James Shute at Bowood 2016!
The Challenge Stage Schedule
Theres something on throughout the day (its subject to change tho)
11:15am – Artisan Talks
12:15pm – Forager Talk then join the walk
12:30pm – Men v Food (Meat)…the big one!
1:00pm – GB Cheese Off Taste & Vote!
2:30pm – Men v Food (Heat)… hot, hot, hotter!
3:00pm – Drinks Enthusiast Free Tasting
4:00pm – Men v Food (Treat) Pairs vs Choc
Our evil panel sits around a big table and comes up with challenges to push the Great British public to their eating limits. Here are our top pics for 2017….
606 Sausage Challenge
It sounds complex, but it isnt – competitors eat as much sausage as they can.
Hot, hot and hotter. If it gets too hot there is a pint of milk (then you’re out!). Medics will be on hand.
Teams of two take on a mammoth sweet treat… with a nice little twist.
606 Sausage Challenge competition rules for 2017 food festivals
1. £5 to enter – all money to charity – 5 participants in each event
2. Simon’s 16 inch sausages to be used
3. 6 min 6 sec to eat as much sausage as you can then down a pint of cider – sauce is allowed and encouraged
4. No drinking until you stop eating
5. If the pint is not finished within the 6 min 6 sec then you’re disqualified from the competition
6. If you are sick within the 6 min 6 secs you are disqualified
7. Everyone who has not been disqualified gets the amount of sausage they have not eaten measured to establish who has eaten the most sausage
8. Winner in each event gets a t-shirt
Chilli challenge rules
Treat challenge rules
Meet the man with the mic
“Make as much noise as you can – it really helps the challengers and put as much as you can in the charity boxes on our stage – it’s all for a good cause!”
Sign up on the day by seeing Tim at the challenge stage and giving him a fiver for the local charity that we’re supporting that weekend.